Chủ Nhật, 17 tháng 6, 2012

STEP 5


Hi,
First I would like to say thank you for all your messages received.

Today, I will show you the final result about the main shape for this door handle. I take some time to build the radius of "the head" and the "body"...


As you see, the Class A work can stop here. Means, all details like fixing points, technical fixation on the top of the body etc.

On this picture you can see the "zebra" reflexion to check the quality of the transitional surfaces.

Of course on this blog I will show you one way for doing Class A, I built quickly and some of you probably can see several mistakes ;-) But I just would like to explain how could be the Class A work...


As you see, the radii of my model were build by the explicit workflow. "Explicit" means each surface were control and the parameter (degree / order) was defined by me and not by the software!

One thing important for the Class A standard is to keep a correct control point (cv's) flow... Now, if your CV's looks messy like that:



Mathematically the connexion of your data are correct (T = tangency according to the tolerances). BUT if you check the patch layout and CV's layout your data is not a Class A standard... Of course I build this data on the top specially to show you some mistakes. BUT if you work with some software it is easy for you to found this situation! I will show you the reference data I received before I start this blog...


If you would like to build a "potatose" shape, you need to use many points! (small joke)... Just keep in mind to use the less as possible CV's to defin your shape.
The original data (I received) was build in Catia and with some tools of the solid modeller each surfaces were build only by the software and the software manage itself the parameters of each surfaces. Of course usually it put "too many" control points and it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Class A modeller to use it and redo properly the data. that is why each time the 3D modeller needs to redo everything when he start with the reference data come from a solid modeller (data build by the engineering people without surfacing knowledge). Each time means the most of the time, you could probably find some data build correctly according to the Class A standard... probably... I never saw but it is possible I think ???


In this turntable you can see the reflexions and the shape...
Please someone can help me to know the best way to put some video on a blog and what is the best and free way to caputre the screen?

This is the end of this tutorial...


I will build other tutorials according to your requests or your wishes... Also please tell me what you would like to learn, to see on this blog. This is your blog here!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét