Chủ Nhật, 3 tháng 6, 2012

STEP 3

Now we will see how to work on the head of this door handle. When I checked the reference scan data, I found some "mistakes" (for me) > This is always the case when you have a scan... It means you need to define all curves (sections) according to your knowledge and not only to follow "excatly" the shape of the scan. It will be easier to explain why you draw the section like that (removed a micro wave for example) compare to the scan how have it.

You need to keep in mind, the scan data is only the styling reference for the shape just here to help you to provide the A-Surface of your part.


You can see all main surfaces for the head, now we need to make some radii before finale all the part.

Many time, the radii step will be done at the end for the Class A quality, but you can try "quickly" to build some automatic radius with your software... It can help you to confirm if your main surfaces are correct or not.


According to your software, you can use several tools to check where and how are the radii...

As I told you, first I will build all radii automatically just to see what is looks like.


I built some automatic radii in G2 with a Chordal shape. These radii are only a reference for me and now I need to draw (by hand in this tutorial) all radii correctly for me. Of course, you can build some radius directly by using fillet tools... but at the moment (in 2012) I still never find one software to build the radius as I want. It is same as a clay modeller, the latest radius should done by hand to manage the light correctly...


All of these radii were build by hand and now it is not anymore a fillet maths... That is why the "light", "reflexion" can run properly in this ball corner.

Of course, same as before, each modeller can have his way to build these radii. Only the result is important and also the simplicity of the surfaces.


Next step, we will see how to "joint" our two parts > the body and the head...
See you soon!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét