Thứ Bảy, 28 tháng 7, 2012

REVERSE ENGINEERING

I will try to show you ONE workflow to help you when you need to use some scan data come from a physical model.

First thing: becarful on Internet and/or some software company but I saw often (too many in my point of view) when we see this can of tutorials the most of the time they use the scan data come from their 3D surfaces!

Means they built the shape and after they convert the surface to mesh. After that when they "rebuild" the shape they already know exactly where to put the curves of the path layout and they know also which surfaces / curves parameters done before ! ! !

Also with this way, all tools (softwares) work very well... Of course!

I show you how to check that:


Everyone can see the difference between left and right, no?

> First there are any nose on the right surfaces...
> Second every triangles have a similar size and very clean flow...
> Third we can see the patch layout as below:


_________________________

That is why for this new tutorial, we will use this door trim scan data found several years before by Internet.


This scan data come from a production car the Seat Altea.

For this tutorial, I will try to show you how to start the reverse engineering work. Please, feel free to ask me if something is not clear enough for you.
I will try to put some videos if I found time to record and build.

OK, I start to work now and come back soon...

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét