Chủ Nhật, 13 tháng 5, 2012

Class A workflow step by step
 for all 3D Modellers who want to learn.

I will try to show you step by step how to rebuild one model with a Class A standard.

First this model comes from Mr Praveen Kumar, who would likes to learn Class A surfacing. This tutorial is for him and for ALL who want to learn...

I am using Alias software from Autodesk but this workflow I will show you can be made in other software in the market. I will try to teach you one way of working and not how to use one software!

Model of Door handle shared by Praveen Kumar.

Usually when the 3D modeller start one task, he can receive one scan data. This scan data should be positionned in the correct position according to the engineering request and industrial process. For this example, I need to reposition the scan data myself before starting the work. Do not forget: We need to try to NEVER MOVE the 3D reference data... Except if you are the "designer" of your model.

STEP 1
I check the scan model and prepare my work. If you do not have any technical input you need to define some:
- This model looks symetric > means you will build only one side.
- This model have to fixations, one by two screw (we will call "head") and one on the rear of the "body".
- The body and the head have got a 90° relationship.
- The scan show many "noise" and show us some trouble regarding the surface quality aspect > we keep in mind when we will build the surface and check the deviation map.
- We can imagine this model comes from a hand modelling workflow, it is my thinking.

Setup of my working file.

You can see 4 numbers to explain you how I manage my file...
Number 1: for this exemple I place the scan data in the 3D space with my technical input as mentioned before.
Number 2: Because our model is symetric, I slipt the scan data. When the model is made by hand you need to chose the one you will keep, usually if you work with the styling people ask him the one he like and keep it.
Number 3: I removed the details on this scan, screw shape, body fixation rear, all this details could be made at the end by the Class A surfacer and/or the engineer (according to your indutrial workflow). This step is not necessary, I recommand to do it espacially for the beginers... During this time you cut, check, analyse your data and normally you start to think where are the main surfaces (called often primary) and the second surface
Number 4: I clean the scan, removed some mistakes triangular, big noise, etc. And I reduce the number of triangle (works fine in Alias). This step is same as all, not necessary but recommanded to have a clean scan before work on it.

Remark for the beginner: You need to keep the reference data ALL the time this is your objectif. The number 1-2-3-4... is just here to show you some tools and workflow.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét