Chủ Nhật, 20 tháng 7, 2008




I have finished the kayak and it is much faster than my roto-molded dagger apostle. The final dimensions 17' long with a beam of 21 inches (vs. 33" for the Dagger). I paddled it this morning at high tide with it going out and it performed well. It is fast and maneuverable but it doesn't track as well as the Dagger (doesn't have the wait or beam of the dagger either) but it did not seem to pull to port or starboard. It just might be more work to handle in rough seas. It is not as tippy as I expected but it does not have a lot secondary stability. However, I found in flat water I could put it on its side and maintain good control without rolling. I will need to do further testing in some waves. Overall, I was impressed by the performane.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét